Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering Technology, University of Alabama
Pratt & Whitney Automation, Madison, Alabama July 2016 - Present
Controls Electrical Design Engineer
• Design of Electrical Hardware for control of Robotic Cells performing secondary processes on Aviation Turbofan Blades
• Generation of Schematics, I/O Lists and Physical Panel Layouts utilizing AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical.
• Specification and procurement of Panel Equipment
• Generation of Tech Data Packages, As-built Schematics
• Supervision of Electrical Panel Builds, Wiring of Robot Cells and Troubleshooting.
• Manage Electrical Aspect of multiple concurrent Programs.
• Ensure Electrical Controls Operation and I/O layouts are coordinated with Robot/PLC programmers.
• Contribute to Mechanical Designs so as to ensure coordination of electrical and mechanical function.
Jack Daniel Cooperage, Lawrence County, Alabama February 2014 - July 2016
• Responsible for Maintenance of Electrical Controls throughout facility. Also performed mechanical designs and maintenance as required.
• Led 2nd shift maintenance activities.
Alliance Automation & Controls, Rogersville, Alabama November 2012 – July 2013
Contract Controls Engineer
• System Controls Design Upgrades/Updates, utilizing Allen Bradley and Siemens PLCs
• Panel Sizing and Layout
• Electrical Controls Design and Schematic generation, Elementary and Detail Drawing Generation
• Electrical Drawing Reviews, Redlines and Updates
• Detailed Component/Equipment Specification leading to Bills of Material Generation
• Generated Termination Schedules/Wire Tag Tables
• Job Estimates and Quotations for a variety of clients
Lewis Innovative Technologies, Inc., Moulton, Alabama, June 2001 – March 2011
Project Manager/Design Engineer/Systems Engineer
• Responsible for all levels of Project Management, Systems Engineering, and Project Engineering.
• Project Manager/Lead Design Engineer for projects ranging from $50K to over $750K.
• Provided design input, both electrical and mechanical, for all development programs.
• Supervised engineers, technicians, CAD personnel and assembly personnel.
• Responsible for technical writing, presentation and reporting (Status Reports, Activity Reports), including white papers, technical descriptions, work station instructions, user manuals.
• Generated project CAD drawings, schematics, illustrations, and technical data packages.
• Responsible for Tracking and Reporting of project budgets, hours, materials, and schedules.
• Interfaced with vendors and subcontractors to establish and develop supply chains.
• Experienced taking a program from initial concept through to production.
• Experienced developing System Requirements Documentation and Systems Engineering.
• Ability to work well and communicate with employees of all levels.
• Managed commercial, internal R&D, and military programs (All Military Branches).
• Performed design work under the guidelines of industry specifications and standards.
• Managed multiple concurrent projects.
Q-PC - Division of Applied Data Trends, Inc., Huntsville, AL, January 1999 – June 2001
Chief Engineer Product Design
• Instrumental in the design, development and bringing to market, in less than 12 months, the first Windows based full function personal computer for integration into automobiles.
• Designed a cost effective, portable, PC based, distributed video advertising system for mass transit vehicles replacing older tape based systems.
Applied Data Trends, Inc., Madison, Alabama, May 1997 - January 1999
Senior Systems Integrator/Hardware Design Engineer
• Designed, using Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) components, a ruggedized, PC based wireless network router for the Rapid Force Projection Initiative Integration Package (RIP), used in the Army's Tactical Wide Area Network (utilizing tactical radios).
• Responsible for initial hardware integration, prototyping, and production of 140 fieldable tactical radio network router units to support field exercises for the 101st Airborne Division.
• Took the product from concept into production in less than 6 months to meet required customer schedules. The design far exceeded ...
Login or Register to view the full resume.